The re-plating of many of the old jars of orchids continued today along with the sorting of the lab, a picture of the newly re-plated orchids can be found below. This afternoon we are cooking up more re-plating media from bananas as we used all of it up!
Good news for the website is the return of the webcams which have been fixed by Dan and are now up and running on the website. This is the link as it is not yet accessible from the website, wsbeorchids.org.uk/webcam/.
More from me next week.
Day 4 began with lab work and in particular re-plating, something which after the morning I felt much more confident doing. This afternoon we were joined by members of the greenhouse club for a washing up session of old containers. We now have many more clean jars for many more orchids.
Today was the day for the rearrangement of the lab, something that involved four of us for a large part of the day!
All the shelving used to store the jars of orchids have been moved and changed resulting in more space and organisation. The pictures below show the sorting in progress and the new layout of the lab.
My second day was again very enjoyable, with a large proportion of the day spent sorting and storing Orchid seeds. With many of the seeds in envelopes, sent from far and wide, it was a lengthy but nevertheless interesting process. There was still time in the day however, to undertake the task of green podding. This involves a steady hand, something which I just about managed!
I am looking forward to the rest of the week and watch out for regular updates on this website. I’ve added below some pictures of the seed sorting