Stage one of the website upgrade started at 10:00GMT this morning. Unfortunately due to some server incompatibilities these did not go quite as planned, and so we are now going live again exactly one hour after we planned. Currently you may notice some of the images are currently not loading on the website, this is because they are currently transferring from our old servers to the new servers.
Although the site may not appear any different to the average user, these are the changes we made:
- The website was transferred to our new servers and upgraded to the latest software
- The site was assigned a new temporary domain-name
- The new servers were prepared to receive the usual domain-name [wsbeorchids.org.uk]
- The software installation was tweaked to be more efficient than before
- The software has been lightened to deliver higher performance
On Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th August 2010 more minor down-time may be experienced. This will be caused by our domain name being transferred from the old servers to the new.
If you have any questions about the current tweaks being made to our website please leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.